Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.
-- James Baldwin
Action is the antidote to despair. -- Joan Baez
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. -- Margaret Mead
Tens of thousands of us have stood up this year and changed the global analysis and understanding of inequality, wealth accumulation, corporate greed and power. Tens of thousands of us have said enough is enough and brought change to our communities, cities and countries. We here at Global Exchange offer gratitude to all those who have stood up to resist injustice, envision alternatives and take action.
Together we are part of a monumental shift, and there is no turning back.
- The change makers in Egypt
- Those who saw to it that Chevron was found guilty in Ecuador
- Unionists and allies in Wisconsin
- Climate Activist Tim deChristopher
- Money Movers and Shakers
- Stop Keystone XL Activists
- Javier Sicilia and the new peace movement in Mexico
- Gaza Freedom Flotilla
- Occupiers of Wall Street and Beyond
Want to know why? Visit our People-to-People blog to learn more.
From all of us at Global Exchange, we want to thank everyone in the movement for all your inspiring energy this year.