May and June are big months for Global Exchange’s Fair Trade Campaign!
World Fair Trade Day: May 1-15, 2011
Our favorite holiday of the year is here: World Fair Trade Day, of course! And since it’s so fabulous, we are celebrating it for two whole weeks: May 1st through May 15th. Come out and celebrate, by giving yourself a break, while making a difference for Fair Trade at the same time.
World Fair Trade Day coordinating organization Fair Trade Resource Network (FTRN) and sponsors like Global Exchange are reaching out to inspire 100,000 people to take a break from our busy lives to increase awareness of Fair Trade, by taking a Fair Trade coffee (or chocolate or tea or music, etc) break.
Here are three ways you can participate:
- Enjoy a Fair Trade coffee break in the comfort of your own home or office, and register it on Global Exchange’s World Fair Trade Day Coffee Break page, so your participation can be counted.
- It’s even more fun if you organize a small or large coffee break in your workplace, school, or community. If you do, register your event on Global Exchange’s World Fair Trade Day Coffee Break page. If it’s open to the public please register on Fair Trade Resource Network’s webpage, too.
- Attend a World Fair Trade Day event in your area. Dozens of Fair Tradetastic events nationwide are listed on FTRN’s website. Celebrate with Global Exchange at events in Berkeley, Chicago, San Diego, San Francisco, Shirlington, VA, and Washington, DC, listed at the end of this email.
Mother’s Day is this Sunday, May 8
Global Exchange’s Fair Trade stores are guaranteed to have that special something for mom, and she’ll love it even more when she learns that your beautiful gift will also help support schools, women’s cooperatives, and other important initiatives that help create hope for a better future in communities around the world. The same is true of dads, grads, and everyone else on your gift list (including yourself!) Store locations and online shopping here.
Global Exchange’s Human Rights Awards Gala in SF: June 1, 2011
Global Exchange’s annual Human Rights Awards is the place to be, if you are in the San Francisco Bay Area on June 1.
Meet and congratulate human rights heroes who fight for peace, economic justice, and sustainable alternatives. Visit www.humanrightsaward.org to reserve your ticket today.
Raise the Bar Hershey Rally in NYC’s Times Square June 8, 2011 at 10:30 am
Please come join us! More details coming soon.
Global Exchange’s World Fair Trade Day Events:
- Berkeley, CA, May 14 from 12:30pm-2:30pm: Meet visiting Peruvian Fair Trade artisans selling their crafts and sample Fair Trade Certified tea, coffee and chocolate at Global Exchange’s Berkeley Store (2840 College Ave, Berkeley)
- Chicago, IL, May 14-15: Chicago Green Fest, a project of Global Exchange & Green America, features Fair Trade speakers and vendors. Global Exchange’s Fair Trade Campaign Director, Adrienne Fitch-Frankel, will speak and host a Dark Side of Chocolate screening May 14 at 4:30pm.
- San Diego, CA, May 7 from 1pm-4pm: Global Exchange’s Fair Trade Campaign Director, Adrienne Fitch-Frankel, will be one of the featured speakers at San Diego’s World Fair Trade Day Celebration
- San Francisco, CA, May 7 from 11am-6pm: Pre-Mother’s Day Party/World Fair Trade Day celebration at Global Exchange’s SF store (4018 24th Street ) with free Fair Trade coffee and chocolate tasting. Staff will be on hand to help you find great gifts for mom.
- San Francisco, CA, May 11 at 7pm: Presentation by visiting Peruvian Fair Trade artisans at Global Exchange’s office (2017 Mission Street, SF)
- Shirlington, VA, May 14th from 4pm-7pm: Chocolate tasting! Free chocolate samples and informational table about Fair Trade at the Global Exchange Fair Trade Store at Busboys and Poets in Shirlington, VA.
- Washington, DC, May 14th from 11am-4pm: Fair Trade organizations out on the sidewalk patio with free Fair Trade coffee and chocolate samples at the Global Exchange Fair Trade Store at Busboys and Poets (5th and K Streets, NW).
Please forward this email broadly.