Dear Global Exchange Supporter,
As we prepare to usher in the administration of the first black president of the United States, we bid farewell to perhaps the worst administration in recent history. George W. Bush, you will not be missed
All of Washington D.C., as well as the entire country, is abuzz with inauguration frenzy, awaiting to see the change we have been working towards, awaiting to see what type of change that will be. These are hopeful days.
And the challenges we face are enormous. Throughout the country and around the world, communities are being negatively impacted by U.S. domestic and foreign policy. Bankers and auto-makers receive bail-outs while working families suffer under economic strain. Farmers continue to lose their land and livelihoods under NAFTA, while climate change continues to pose greater danger for affected communities. And for the past 20 days, the Middle East has been on fire.
Within this context, we need your help to not only seek change, but to push President-elect Obama to attain the type of change we need--a people-centered globalization that advances social, environmental and economic justice.
So, help us send the message loud and clear: we want change based on justice.
Take Action Now!
Top 10 Priorities!
Check-out Global Exchange's Top 10 Priorities for the Obama Administration.
Go to the Citizen's Briefing Book on Change.gov!
Search, vote and comment on any ONE or ALL of GX's Top 10 Priorities
(for an easy find, copy the full title of each priority in the search field)
Become a Member!
Help Global Exchange work towards a people-centered globalization, in 2009 and beyond.
Learn more about Global Exchange's Top 10 Priorities for the Obama Administration:
Develop Green Alternatives
1. Transform the U.S. into a global leader and ally in tackling Climate Change
2. ReBuild and RePower America with a Green Stimulus Package
3. ReTool our Transportation Industry
Advance Economic Justice
4. Decriminalize immigrants and address root causes of migration
5. Develop and promote Fair Trade policies that protect workers and the environment
6. Withdraw troops immediately and responsibly from Iraq
7. Prevent war with Iran
8. Demand that Israel end its bombing and blockade of Gaza
9. Shut down Guantánamo prison and end torture
10. No more bases!
Thank you, as always, for your work on behalf of peace & justice,