Victory: Oregon’s Wild and Scenic Chetco River Protected from Mining!
You did it!
Thank you for your comments and support.
Interior Department Approved 5-year Mineral Withdrawal
The Interior Department has just approved a mineral withdrawal to protect almost the entire length of Oregon’s Wild and Scenic Chetco River from mining. The withdrawal will protect the river’s cold, clear waters and wild salmon runs for the next five years, providing a crucial window of opportunity for Congress to pass the Oregon Treasures Act, which will provide permanent protection for the Chetco, and many other Oregon treasures.
You helped protect this beautiful river!
Thank you for your e-mail comments and support!
Your e-mail letter made a difference. And we thank you for it. Thanks to your support this spectacular, wild Oregon river will be protected for the next five years.
TAKE ACTION: Say Thanks to Interior Secretary Sally Jewell
- Send/amend the sample letter to the right. Personalized letters have a much greater impact.
- Click "send your message" to send your letter.
- SHARE this alert with your friends and family via the subsequent page. Share via email, Facebook, Twitter and/or Google+
For more information:
- Earthworks Chetco Wild and Scenic River
- Earthworks: Wild and Scenic Chetco River Temporarily Protected from Mining: Groups Call for Permanent Protection
- Earthblog: The Chetco River Gets A Whole Lotta Love
House Committee Moves Mining Bill That Limits Community Consent - See more at: http://www.earthworksaction.org/earthblog/detail/house_committee_moves_mining_bill_that_limits_community_consent#.UdsklOv8Vz8