Join the Maryland Crossroads 2013 Tour:
Clean Energy, Not Cove Point!
In recent months an environmental threat has descended upon our state that is so huge -- so negatively transformative -- that it requires an unprecedented response. Which is why we're crisscrossing Maryland on a nine-stop tour -- from the mountains to the sea, November 5th to December 3rd -- to sound the alarm.
Dominion Resources is proposing a massive industrial plan to export liquefied natural gas (LNG) out of Cove Point, on the shores of the Chesapeake Bay in southern Maryland. The plan would expand fracking for gas across the Mid-Atlantic region. It would lead to new community-disrupting pipelines. And it's one of the worst things our state could do for global warming.
At the Crossroads tour you’ll learn what you can do to stop this pollution disaster -- and to demand the things we DO want: more solar and wind power. At each stop, from Cumberland to Salisbury, there will be inspiring speakers, live music, a mind-blowing multimedia presentation, and a call to action that will get you out of your chair!
Click below to sign up for the tour stop near you.
- Annapolis - Tuesday, November 5th - Broadneck Auditorium
- St. Mary's - Wednesday, November 6th - St. Mary's College of Maryland
- Silver Spring - Thursday, November 7th - Silver Spring Civic Center
- Baltimore - Tuesday, November 12th - MICA
- Salisbury - Wednesday, November 13th - Salisbury University
- Frederick - Monday, November 18th - Hood College
- College Park - Tuesday, November 19th - University of Maryland
- Cumberland - Wednesday, November 20th - New Embassy Theatre
- Columbia - Tuesday, December 3rd - Howard County Library East Columbia Branch
Chesapeake Climate Action Network ▪ Earthjustice ▪ Earthworks ▪ Green America ▪ Labor Network for Sustainability ▪ Maryland Environmental Health Network ▪ Maryland League of Women Voters ▪ Maryland Student Climate Coalition ▪ Physicians for Social Responsibility ▪ Waterkeepers Chesapeake ▪ Alliance of Nurses for Healthy Environments ▪ AMP Creeks Council ▪ Annapolis Divest ▪ Assateague Coastkeeper ▪ Citizen Shale ▪ Interfaith Power & Light ▪ Greenbelt Climate Action Network ▪ HoCo Climate Change ▪ Myersville Citizens for a Rural Community ▪ Patuxent Riverkeeper ▪ Red Emma’s Bookstore Coffeehouse ▪ Sierra Club – Catoctin Group ▪ Sierra Club – Southern MD Group ▪ Sierra Club – Western MD Group