UU Justice Action (JustAct) News
April 2013: UUs Springing into Action-Campaigns, Resources, $, GA News, Best Practices
Unitarian Universalists around the country are witnessing for our values and standing on the side of love this spring. This issue of our April Social Justice Bulletin (PDF with links, 2 pages) is packed with resources, toolkits, information, and opportunities for various congregational justice ministries and upcoming events (we know everyone can’t do everything so find what fits for you) on:
- April: UUA Endorses Scouts for Equality—Send feedback to the Boy Scouts
- April 9: Interfaith Call-In to Prevent Gun Violence
- April 10: The Time is Now Immigration Reform Rally in DC and echo events around the country
- April 22: Earth Day 2013 – UU Ministry for Earth Working Towards Sustainable Communities Campaign
- May 12: Mama’s Day Strong Families Campaign
Educational & Funding Resources:
- E Pluribus Unum Prizes: Recognizing Exceptional Immigrant Integration Initiatives - April 12 deadline.
- Host a Film Screening of Documentary on Gun Violence – Living for 32
- 2013 Public Witness at General Assembly—Where is Our Energy? with author, farmer, spiritual activist Wendell Berry
- Funding for UUs Working to Dismantle the Doctrine of Discovery
- Resisting the New Jim Crow & Mass Incarceration—Join the UUA Common Read and the discussion!
From supporting marriage equality in Mississippi and Rhode Island, ending deportations in Massachusetts and California, and working to stop mountain top removal and the cyle of coal in West Virginia and Kentucky, we are building beloved community. (Please tell us your story! Write to email@example.com.)
Reminder: Standing on the Side of Love Matching Grants of up to $1,500 are available on a rolling basis. See www.uua.org/uufp for more information.
See www.uua.org/justice for resources, organizing campaigns, stories, and more!